Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ghost


Growing up I never really had an opportunity to decorate my bedroom as my parents had decorated all the rooms of our house in quite a specific style which they didn’t want to change. This means I am particularly excited to plan the interior of my new flat which I am moving into at the end of September before starting my second year of university.

The flat is in a Victorian building close to Regents Park so I’m trying to strike a balance between the modern and classical with furnishings that will fit in and also not be heavy or darken the room as it isn’t very large.

One of the things I’m really lusting after are these Philippe Stark Louis ‘Ghost’ chairs. I love furnishings from the time of Louis XIV but the real thing would look rather heavy and over the top for the space I have, but these transparent plastic ones have the lovely classic shape but will keep the room looking light. The only problem is the price tag – at £179 each when I want four as a dining set I may be waiting a while to get them.

Now I’ve just got to find the rest of my furniture…

Kartell Louis Ghost Chair Clear by Philippe Starck available from Heal's

No comments:

Post a Comment